Tommy Thore Ipsen
Founder & CEO
Linked-in: Tommy Thore Ipsen
15 years experience in story and concept development for VFX-film and gaming. Educated at Funen Art Academy, MA in Conceptual Media Art. The National Film School of Denmark – 6 month post grad in writing for entertainment IP creation.
Jennifer Anne Ipsen
Co-founder & CTO
Linked-in: Jennifer Anne Ipsen
15 years programming and design experience in XR development, medical telecommunications, web development, and social networking platforms. Educated at the New York Institute of Technology, BS in Computer Science.
World for Story (WFS) was established by Creative Director Tommy Thore Ipsen in 2016 as a consulting company for concept and story development in the visual effects film and gaming industry, but has since evolved into becoming an AR production company. In January 2018, programmer Jennifer Anne Ipsen joined as co-founder of World For Story and the XR Developer, which now provided the company with the core skills needed to execute larger projects.
- 2019 – WFS is 1 of 10 startups chosen out of over 400 interested to participate in the Sony Startup Acceleration Program in Lund, Sweden
- 2019 – Received funding for pilot storyboard and animatic AR development from the Danish Film Institute
- 2018 – Received funding for pilot script development from the Danish Film Institute
- 2018 – WFS collaborates with GroupM on creating AR marketing for NextM Conference
- 2017 – WFS received its first seed funding from the Danish Film Institute and the Nordic Film Fund for development of a series-based AR pilot IP titled Arunas Distress Call
- 2016 – Founder of WFS wins best pitch AR/VR Startup Weekend sponsored by Google and Microsoft.